I have been involved in network marketing for a number of years now. I built a large team in the Amway business back in the early 1990’s. I was in the group under Dexter Yager, Don Wilson and Randy Haugen, clearly three of the most successful network marketers ever. Eventually this team broke apart and I left the business and applied what I had learned to conventional businesses.
A few years ago I started looking for another network marketing opportunity but I knew there had to be a better way to build them. The old school ways of making cold contacts and meeting people in restaurants and coffee shops just doesn’t work as well today. People are way too busy. They are very leery of meeting with a stranger and who really has the time for no shows anymore.
What’s worse is then you are taught that you need to teach others on your team how to cold contact people and let’s be honest that’s usually where most people quit sharing the products and the business opportunity. If the business is built on duplication but no one wants to duplicate the old methods what do you do? I knew I did not want to do that again. Sure those person to person methods work but there are far fewer people willing to actually do that. In the old days we called those people leaders.
Here is what we used to do.
- Cold contact people in person or on the phone
- Ask if they are interested in other ways of making money
- Show them the “plan”
- Follow up with them
- Answer questions and sign them up
- If they don’t sign up right away continue to chase them until they disappear or get involved to shut you up and then do nothing in the business.
Kind of kidding about that last step but not really. Sure it can work but then if they do get in they say to themselves eventually; “do I have to do what my sponsor did to get me in”? You say “of course, and I will teach you” and there gone.
Most people have a fear of speaking in front of groups of people they don’t know. They fear it more than death according to some surveys. And to build this business after the friends and family have joined or laughed; or some of both they quit.
I could not see doing that again. Trying to convince people they can do it is exhausting and not fun for any of us. There had to be a better way! After searching and reviewing how the fastest growing network marketing companies were doing things. They all had a few things in common.
- Personalized Websites and landing pages(example above) for each distributor- These are used to introduce people to the products and the business.
- Lead generating techniques- You have your cold contact leads coming to you not the other way around. They get your information and can tour the products, business and compensation plan
- Automated email responder systems- The company emails all leads for you with pre-written emails message providing information and encouragement. This does the follow up for you.
- Automated sales funnels with a “fear of loss” approach
- Have a pre enrollment function-This allows people to be placed on your team in a temporary spot with people being placed under them right away. This shows them that the business is being built and gives them something to lose if they don’t upgrade and lock in their spot.
- Cellphone apps that can be used to build your business-access to videos for promotion and training, back office details and even business enrollment functions
- Ability to build and online, offline or both
- Are a binary structure- Amway and others were using a 6-4-2 model that was not easily sustainable for most people who build this type of business part time. How could you build 6 legs?
Some of the benefits are clear. Can you imagine having a business where your leads find you and want to learn what you are doing and how they can join?
This is the perfect way for introverts (like me), and time strapped busy people to still build an additional income in their spare time. I literally spend 1 hour per day and have been able to build a sizeable business. So can you!
After searching around I found companies that had all or some of these things and many still had none! Many companies are still having their people use the old methods and are run by people who are corporate business men not network marketers who really understand how to build a large organization of business owners and entrepreneurs.
That’s exactly what I have been doing. I equate this building approach to online dating in this article HERE. I teach people how to get their business opportunity found by 1000’s of interested people looking for a way to start their own business. I can teach you too!
If you are looking for my #1 recommendation on Network Marketing Companies that have all of these benefits in place. Take the FREE TOUR HERE NOW!
Thanks for Reading!